Close Search

Website Search

Wakenight & Associates, P.C.

1100 Lake Street, Suite 120, Oak Park, IL 60301

Oak Park | 708-848-3159

DuPage County | 630-852-9700   Mokena | 815-727-6144

Contact Our Firm

NOTE: Fields with a * indicate a required field.
Name *
Email *
Phone *
How would you prefer to be contacted?
No Preference
Briefly describe your legal issue. *

DisclaimerThe use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.

I have read and understand the Disclaimer and Privacy Policy.

Contact Us

Daley Center Courthouse Divorce Attorneys

Wakenight & Associates

Lawyers Assisting With Family Law Cases in Chicago and Cook County

When people who live in the First Municipal District of the City of Chicago need to resolve family law issues, their cases will be heard in courtrooms of the Richard J. Daley Center, which is located at 50 West Washington Street. When addressing legal concerns related to your family, it is essential to work with an attorney who is familiar with the Daley Center and experienced in handling these types of cases.

At Wakenight & Associates, P.C., our lawyers have more than 95 combined years of experience, and we have represented many clients in cases throughout Cook County. We can work with you to manage the avalanche of legal, financial, and personal issues that you face in a family law case, and we will fight to protect your rights and help you achieve the best possible outcome to your situation.

Types of Family Law Cases Heard at the Daley Center

The Domestic Relations Division of the Circuit Court of Cook County handles cases involving the relationship between domestic partners (including both married spouses and unmarried couples) and the relationships between parents and children. These cases include:

  • Divorce - Married spouses can file a Petition for Dissolution of Marriage or a Joint Petition for Simplified Dissolution to begin the divorce process. During divorce, spouses will need to address issues such as the division of marital property and eligibility for spousal maintenance.
  • Legal separation - Couples may choose to separate without legally ending their marriage, and they may seek court orders to address issues related to property ownership, financial support, or child custody.
  • Annulment - A couple can file a Petition for Declaration of Invalidity to have their marriage or civil union declared invalid.
  • Child custody - Divorcing or unmarried parents may file a Petition for Allocation of Parental Responsibilities to address how decision-making responsibilities and parenting time will be shared. These cases may also establish child support obligations to ensure that children's ongoing needs will be met.
  • Non-parent visitation - Family members such as grandparents, aunts, or uncles may file a Petition for Visitation (non-parent) that will allow them to spend time with children of divorced or unmarried parents.
  • Orders of protection - A spouse, unmarried partner, or other member of a household who has been the victim of abuse from a family member may obtain a civil protective order against their abuser.
  • Paternity - Parents, children, or other interested parties may file a petition to establish legal parentage for a child or a petition to contest paternity. A person named as a child's legal parent will have rights to share in child custody and an obligation to provide child support.
  • Adoption - Prospective parents may file a petition to adopt a child with the County Division of the Circuit Court of Cook County, and court hearings may be required to determine whether the parental rights of the child's biological parents should be terminated.

Contact a Chicago Family Law Attorney

Whether you are planning to get divorced, need to protect your parental rights, or wish to adopt a child, the lawyers at Wakenight & Associates, P.C. can provide the legal help you need. We will make sure you understand your rights and legal requirements, and we will advocate for your family's best interests throughout the legal process. To arrange a free consultation, contact our office by calling 708-480-9651.

  • Elite Lawyer
  • American Bar Association
  • Better Business Association
  • Illinois State Bar Association
  • West Suburban Bar Association
  • Northwest Suburban Bar Association
  • Will County Bar Association
  • DuPage County Bar Association
  • Lake County Bar Association
  • Kane County Bar Association




Contact Us

Contact Us



Back to Top